It is not IF but WHEN our FEDERAL government goes BANKRUPT
I have been listening to politicians talk about fixing our financial problems at the federal level for 30-plus years and they have failed miserably. My fellow Americans, I implore you to take a strong look at the coming fiscal bubble, the mother of all financial bubbles. Think of me as a modern day Paul Revere. It is not the British coming but the failure of the federal government’s budget and a massive depression to follow. It could happen anytime but no later than in the next ten years or so in my opinion. The final nail in the coffin is when mandatory spending takes over the entire federal budget and leaves Congress with little or nothing for discretionary spending. This President and most in Congress are gutless and will not stop it. I will outline the current problems and then the pre- and post-bankruptcy solutions I offer for debate.
Here are the major problems and why there is no way out except a massive overhaul of the federal government’s fiscal structure. I cannot stress enough that the Great Depression of the thirties was much different because now it is the government that is bankrupt along with major problems in the private sector:
- An annual budget of approx. $3.8 trillion with a shortfall of $1.3 trillion in deficit spending
- $15 trillion in national debt and growing like no tomorrow with more and more of the budget devoted to interest on the national debt. It is inevitable that interest rates will rise.
- The Federal Reserve’s creations of trillion of dollars at the click of a button devalues the dollar and creates inflation for you and me making tax increases look meek; all this with no auditing at all to cover-up for Congress and the President past and present. The Federal Reserve truly is the drug dealer to Congress for their spending addiction.
- Mandatory spending will exceed the entire budget within a decade leaving nothing for discretionary spending.
- We have an aging population who have earned their retirement. Yet we have a major problem with a growing number of under- educated workers who are needed for the high tech competitive world economy as we compete with countries like China.
- The government welfare policies and programs from corporate bailouts to the individual are out of control.
- Obama’s disastrous energy policy of green jobs has cost 100’s of billions of dollar along with regulations choking off conventional energy sources setting us up for a massive energy shortage and continued dependency on foreign oil
- Obama and his liberal cronies are hell-bent on committing fiscal suicide and most elected Republicans are afraid to do what is really needed out of fear of not getting elected
- All the insured disasters such as FDIC, Fannie and Freddie Mac leave the taxpayer on the hook for trillions if they default and they are at high risk of doing so
- All this while we must maintain a strong defense against our enemies around the world and protect our national interests.
- Government share of GDP is far too high and will choke off what capitalism we have left if it exceeds the 50% mark
- Millions of illegal immigrants are a burden on all the social programs and far exceed the labor needs of unskilled jobs in the USA. We are a country of immigrants but will sink if we continue to be the life raft for the world.
- Finally, the private sector is suffering from massive consumer debt. An unstable fractional banking system impact by financial derivatives exceeding $700 trillion worldwide that is overdue for a massive correction. My definition of modern day OTC derivatives is massive white-collar legalized counterfeiting by contract. How else can they go from 100 trillion to over 700 trillion in a decade surpassing the entire world GDP by ten-fold?
Our next President and congress needs to show us real solutions to these problems!
The pre-solutions are simple but hard to accept
- #1 is having the best minds and experts devise an emergency plan for the initial disaster at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Amend the Federal Reserve Act to require them to be audited and take the power to “print money out of thin air” from them and put it in the public arena of Congress.
- End all federal welfare from corporate to individual and end corporate taxes to bring jobs back to America. Any welfare should be fund by states if they wish and empower non-profits to help the poor.
- Balance the budget in 4 years eliminating all welfare, food stamps, unemployment insurance in excess of 6 months, Medicaid, SSI (the welfare leg to Social Security), Obama-care, and part D of Medicare and, if needed, across-the-board cuts except for defense.
- After the budget is balanced, pay down the national debt.
- Focus the federal government on its #1 job - national security and national defense. Great men and women throughout our history have never let our country down and we owe our freedom to all of them. Ronald Reagan said “peace through strength” and that is more important than ever in a world full of good and evil, allies and enemies.
- Stop illegal migration and take care of American citizens first. When this financial disaster hits, resources are going to be very limited
- Eliminate federal money and involvement in k-12 education. Leave k-12 to the states but keep federal involvement, student loans, and funding in higher education
- Legalize marijuana in a manner similar to tobacco and alcohol. Control the cultivation, distribution, and licensing at the state level but let the states keep the revenues to fight hard drugs, crime, fund more police, courts, prisons, rehabilitation and prevention. With 30 million-plus Americans smoking pot this war is lost. It must, however, be kept away from minors, arrest those driving under the influence, and not allow it in the work place. The amount of revenue could be massive. No I do not smoke pot.
- Get a real energy policy that supplies this country with the energy it needs before it is too late.
- Require all new federal employees to join Social Security and phase out all federal pension plans.
- Cut congressional allowance and salaries by 50% and eliminate all benefits.
- Let’s face it, unfortunately this country will not make any major changes in Washington until the disaster hits. Then it will be crucial that those elected at that time determine the direction of this country. Will it be right - capitalism or left – socialism?
- I believe there will be a first ever Constitutional Convention by the states too amended the constitution after the bankruptcy if congress fails to lead. If we are smart we will amend the Constitution and create the Bill of Limited Federal Government to return power and responsibility back to the states to make sure these mistakes never happen again.
- The special interests who own Congress now must not be allowed to dominate the aftermath or the American people will be on the hook to save them all over again.
What am I going to do for the 2014 Election?
Please support me in replacing the tax and spend liberal Senator Mark Udall in the State of Colorado. I will approach the convention and see if the delegates want a candidate who is willing to tell the truth, stand for principles, and have the guts to tell it the way it is.
There is no amount of taxation, spending, borrowing, growing the GDP, and/or printing of money that will save us from this nation’s financial mess. I have no doubt this great country of 300 million-plus can recover from the federal government going through a bankruptcy reorganization. But I have serious doubt if our elected leaders allow our currency to fail. Then all bets are off and God help us all!
We, as Americans, are going to find out if we have what the brave, hardworking, patriotic, and most of “one nation under God” had during the depression, World War I and II, and our independence. Yes, this financial crisis will be every bit of one of these moments.
Don’t count on government and the status quo Politicians saving you. They are running on a 1970’s platform while our financial and moral foundation is crumbling around us. Do the best you can to prepare for this massive financial correction.
Think social issues, moral values, and love of GOD are not a major Issue in this election? Think again!
People who think social issues are not a priority in this election should think twice about how we treat each other and the moral values that guide us through this coming financial disaster. For example, think of the approximately 50 million abortions since 1973. (20% of all viable births) That is 1/5 of our youth killed at our own government’s hand by the laws they have allowed since 1973. This is worse than slavery and the civil rights violations- the lowest points in our national history. The 50 year-old plague of drugs and alcohol has destroyed 10’s of millions of Americans since the 60’s costing our country trillions. The family unit is in decay. America, we better wake up and get back to what made this country great!
Take a hard look at the 50 year war on drugs and immorality, even with Martin Luther King’s efforts on civil rights and despite our heroes in law enforcement’s best efforts to keep our streets safe. Where do you think this country’s morals and values are headed? Do you feel safer to walk you street at night or let your young child walk to school than you did 4 years ago, 8 years ago, 12 years ago, 20 years ago, or 40 years ago? You get the point. Moral values are the heart of any free society and the citizens reap the rewards when they are good and pay a dear price in freedom, prosperity, and safety when they are not.
I do believe that our moral decline is a direct result of far too many Americans abandoning God.
I strongly encourage you to be an informed voter on this fiscal matter.
If you do nothing else I strongly urge you to be an informed voter. Study and Google the following; financial derivatives, how the Federal Reserve creates money, fractional banking, federal national debt, federal annual budget deficit, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC), gross domestic product (GDP), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Congress raiding trillions of Social Security dollars and spending it in the general budget, Medicare, and Medicaid. The best place to start is usdebtclock.org - a great website.
P.S. Re-elect Obama and his liberal cronies at your own peril. If you voted for Obama in 2008 you can claim ignorance. If you vote for him again in 2012 you get what you deserve - a socialist country with its best days behind it. Obama inherited an economy on life support but decide to pull the plug and smother it with a pillow instead of fix it!!
Thank you for your support. God bless American and those who died or were wounded for our freedom. Tom Janich